Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.
Status
Not open for further replies.

devilot

Moderator emeritus
Original poster
May 1, 2005
I'm not too sure if this is the proper place for this, so mods, feel free to move as you all see fit.

Attended an Apple Camp workshop thingie for iMovie HD. Took some pictures of the t-shirt as well as a little sticker/ patch (it looks and feels like a patch, but it has an adhesive sticky back).

CampPatch-1copy.jpg

campTfront.jpg

closeupCampTfront.jpg

CampTback.jpg

closeupCampTback.jpg

Personally, I love love love the back of the shirt. Hee. I thought it was cute!

katie ta achoo

Blogger emeritus
May 2, 2005
I asked my fav. clerk if one of the really big 12 year olds (about my size, coincidentally) could ACCIDENTALLY forget his shirt at the Apple store.

He told me to come back next week (meaning this week, now) and he'd snag me one.

but my first reaction is:
OMG!! THAT SHIRT IS SOOO CUTE!! I"M GONNA WEAR THAT THING EVERY DAY!!!!

and 2ndly:
I thought you had to be 12 to take it? Did you just borrow a kid, or did they let you take the class?

Arr! I want a shirt and a patch! I've made a pattern for a laptop bag I could TOTALLY convert a used pair of jeans into and that patch would look awesome, right on the former butt!
OH, think of the laptop bag!

What did you learn at the camp?

devilot

Moderator emeritus
Original poster
May 1, 2005
katie ta achoo said:
I asked my fav. clerk if one of the really big 12 year olds (about my size, coincidentally) could ACCIDENTALLY forget his shirt at the Apple store.

<snip>

and 2ndly:
I thought you had to be 12 to take it? Did you just borrow a kid, or did they let you take the class?

<snip>

What did you learn at the camp?

Man, you are one lucky chick for having a favorite clerk! Talk about getting hooked up. I actually wish I could have gotten a size small because this medium is loose on me, but, meh, it's free, cute, and awesome so I can't really complain, right? :p

Well, I RSVP'd for multiple camps like mid-May and I read and re-read all the terms and conditions and it does not explicitly say that camps are for ONLY age 12 max (in fact the web site makes mention of older kids as well) and when one employee said I couldn't and suggested I email the store manager, I did just that and I got in no problem.

I learned the very very very basics of iMovie HD. I had no idea you could make such a nice looking movie w/ a few clips and a few pictures. I mean, w/ the included effects and whatnot, I could probably (hopefully) be capable of making slideshowish movies that look better than some wedding ones I've seen! :eek:

I've also learned that this particular apple store and its employees and I do NOT get along well at all. I think I must start going outta my way to other Apple stores. :(

Anyhow, I hope you do get a shirt. It really is a gem. And I figure whenever I decide where to put that patch, I could use the sticky side AND sew a couple stitches to guarante that bugger will stay on! Your laptop bag sounds really cool... if you could get more patches, you could even sell the bags for a hefty profit I would think!

katie ta achoo

Blogger emeritus
May 2, 2005
devilot76 said:
Man, you are one lucky chick for having a favorite clerk! Talk about getting hooked up. I actually wish I could have gotten a size small because this medium is loose on me, but, meh, it's free, cute, and awesome so I can't really complain, right? :p

*snip*

I learned the very very very basics of iMovie HD. ... be capable of making slideshowish movies that look better than some wedding ones I've seen! :eek:

I've also learned that this particular apple store and its employees and I do NOT get along well at all. I think I must start going outta my way to other Apple stores. :(

Your laptop bag sounds really cool... if you could get more patches, you could even sell the bags for a hefty profit I would think!

My fav clerk is GREAT! I asked if he'd record my senior recital (I'd be willing to pay) and he said he'd do it for free! He just wants an invite to the reception for free food! haha. He's awesome! He's always carrying around an iPod cable for some reason... Never an iPod (except for when he's leaving on his break) only the cable...

Ah, basics of iMovie... If only all wedding photographers used a Mac with iLife 05.. we wouldn't have to sit through slide shows of "This is me and aunt Merv, sitting on the beach" *click* "OH! this is when we got our shoes shined" *click* "Oh, projector jammed again, hold on!" *all slides tumble to floor* "Oh.. I guess we'll have to start all over again."

I'm always sad to hear when people don't get along with Apple store employees. The store in Houston has a LOT of just GREAT clerks. Although I don't know all their names, I can give a criminal line-up description. If you ever need a genius and you're in the Houston Apple store.. go to Aaron or the Nerdy guy who doesn't shave and doesn't have glasses.

I'm gonna loooove the bag when I finally get to making it. It's going to be weird in the thrift store, jamming my PowerBook in pairs of jeans until I find one that fits!! :D :D

Enjoy your shirt and rock it (with your new hair cut!!)
Also stick it in the dryer, that may shrink it up a little. :)

ham_man

macrumors 68020
Jan 21, 2005
That is an awesome shirt. One that i could seriously see myself wearing it. May have to look on eBay or something... :rolleyes:

devilot

Moderator emeritus
Original poster
May 1, 2005
ham_man said:
That is an awesome shirt. One that i could seriously see myself wearing it. May have to look on eBay or something... :rolleyes:
Wish you the best of luck... but I can't see too many kids wanting to sell their shirts much less disapproving, angry-"my-kid-must-always-have-the-best" parents allowing their precious children to give any possession up. ;)

And Katie, I'm sure you'll have no problem finding thrift-store jeans to fit your PB, afterall, we do live in the States, home of the obese. :(

katie ta achoo

Blogger emeritus
May 2, 2005
devilot76 said:
And Katie, I'm sure you'll have no problem finding thrift-store jeans to fit your PB, afterall, we do live in the States, home of the obese. :(

But reality programming only has beautiful thin people! :confused: :confused: LOL!

My jeans are too big for my Powerbook. :(
Cursed beautiful thin machine! :p

devilot

Moderator emeritus
Original poster
May 1, 2005
Onizuka said:
Please direct that comment more towards Mississippi. Or Louisianna. Or hell, Virginia, North Carolina, Kentucky, or Tennessee. :D
Hope you didn't take offense to my comment... that's why I wrote "we live in the States," meaning that there is a problem w/ obesity in every state.
katie ta achoo said:
Cursed beautiful thin machine!
Seriously! I really hope you post pics of the finished bag, I'd love to see it.

iHacker

macrumors member
Jun 13, 2005
Im going to Apple camp tommorow!! Even though I will probly know everything already but the tshirt and having the apple store empty except for a bunch of braty kids who dont want to be their! But since im a kid I dont think I will look out of place... :) :p

devilot

Moderator emeritus
Original poster
May 1, 2005
iHacker said:
Im going to Apple camp tommorow!! Even though I will probly know everything already but the tshirt and having the apple store empty except for a bunch of braty kids who dont want to be their! But since im a kid I dont think I will look out of place...
If you get a size small and wanna swap for a medium, you know who to PM!;)

Have fun!

Applespider

macrumors G4
katie ta achoo said:
The store in Houston has a LOT of just GREAT clerks.

The Apple Store at the Houston Galleria was the first Apple store I went to and yes, they were lovely people! He even answered questions about my Powerbook when it wasn't there... ;)

I'm gonna loooove the bag when I finally get to making it. It's going to be weird in the thrift store, jamming my PowerBook in pairs of jeans until I find one that fits!! :D

Good luck! I knitted a denim-wool sock for my iPod with a jeans-style pocket for the headphones. It's fun being creative... What are you going to pad and line the inside of the bag with?

L

Lau

I am so jealous of that patch! It may be one of the nicest things I've ever seen

I made a brown cord sleeve for my powerbook lined with nice vintage looking (but actually nice n cheap) fabric. I used camping mat foam as padding. It's got big blue buttons to keep it shut, and I made a matching iPod case.

Ooh, us ladies are so crafty and fabulous.... :p

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    52.5 KB · Views: 738
  • 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    58.1 KB · Views: 719
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    50.5 KB · Views: 737

devilot

Moderator emeritus
Original poster
May 1, 2005
Lau said:
I am so jealous of that patch! It may be one of the nicest things I've ever seen

I made a brown cord sleeve for my powerbook lined with nice vintage looking (but actually nice n cheap) fabric. I used camping mat foam as padding. It's got big blue buttons to keep it shut, and I made a matching iPod case.

Ooh, us ladies are so crafty and fabulous.... :p
OOOOOH, those look so nice! Assuming you have the time and materials, how much do you think you would like for an ipod case? :D

katie ta achoo

Blogger emeritus
May 2, 2005
Applespider said:
The Apple Store at the Houston Galleria was the first Apple store I went to and yes, they were lovely people! He even answered questions about my Powerbook when it wasn't there... ;)

Good luck! I knitted a denim-wool sock for my iPod with a jeans-style pocket for the headphones. It's fun being creative... What are you going to pad and line the inside of the bag with?

I looooove me some Houston Galleria Apple Store. They am love in computer store form. <3 !!

Quilt batting? A few layers of it, at least!! We should start a home-made iBook/PowerBook/iPod/blahblahblah case thread! I just made one last night and it's AWESOME, to say the least!
EDIT:here's the thread.

I'm gonna go work on my case! Oo! I can put my BT mouse in the pocket! I'm SO EXCITED! (I get excited over stupid things. hehe)

L

Lau

devilot76 said:
OOOOOH, those look so nice! Assuming you have the time and materials, how much do you think you would like for an ipod case? :D

What, you mean to make you one?! Wow. Er, I'd feel bad about taking much, because it was really easy. If you want, I could post the instructions on how to make one tomorrow, cause it really was easy. It was just an afterthought after making the PowerBook sleeve (and that really was a bitch to make :D). If I get time tomorrow, I'll quickly draw a plan and post it on Katie's hand-made case thread. (Good call, by the way, Katie!)

If not, PM me, because I'd happily make one for you (or anyone) if they wanted one.

wdlove

macrumors P6
Oct 20, 2002
Nice T-Shirt. Interesting slogan. I hope that you had a good and informative time at camp.

katie ta achoo

Blogger emeritus
May 2, 2005
I just got back from the Apple store. I asked if they had extra shirts.

I got a shirt and 5 patches. :) Hooray!!!

devilot

Moderator emeritus
Original poster
May 1, 2005
katie ta achoo said:
I just got back from the Apple store. I asked if they had extra shirts.

I got a shirt and 5 patches. :) Hooray!!!
DAH!!! DARN YOU lucky Katie... free PB, free shirt, free patchES!!! Haha, you go girl. :D

katie ta achoo

Blogger emeritus
May 2, 2005
devilot76 said:
DAH!!! DARN YOU lucky Katie... free PB, free shirt, free patchES!!! Haha, you go girl. :D

I got the shirt, three patches with the white apple and the word "camp" and one with a pair of headphones (for Garageband camp) and a camera (for iPhoto camp)
I'm missing the iMovie camp! Damn you, Apple store!!
*shaking fist*

...Making me go back to the store to get a patch that I shouldn't have for a class that I didn't need to go to, but I totally want.

Oh well.
I'm getting another shirt at the Woodlands opening, so I guess it's ok! :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.