Can’t find downloaded App

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by theslaz, Nov 17, 2013.

1. theslaz macrumors 6502

Trying to download the “Airport Utility” App from the iTunes store. Found it; it’s free; clicked on it and it said it was downloading and than says “downloaded”. Can not find it anywhere on my iMac. Tried the same thing on my MacBookPro. Same thing; can’t find it. Tried it on my iPhone; it asked me if I wanted to install it; I said yes. There it is gone!

What’s up with this?

Running latest version of iTunes and Mavericks.

2. netslacker macrumors 6502

It's installed in the Utilities folder.

Applications->Utilities->Airport Utility.app

3. theslaz thread starter macrumors 6502

I have a Airport Utility app ver 6.3.2 in that folder that I have been using since I bought my Airport Extreme. I need to do some port forwarding which I'm having problems doing using that version. I came across a version of the Airport Utility that appears to be more user friendly. This is the one I tried to download. This is the one that I can't find.

4. netslacker macrumors 6502

It sounds as though you are downloading the Airport Utility from the iOS app store (using iTunes) which is for iOS (iPhone/iPad). Apple doesn't distribute the utility in the Mac App Store though you can get older versions from their website.

5. theslaz thread starter macrumors 6502

That is what I expected. That is why I tried installing it on my Iphone. It said it was installed; but I can't find it.

Mainly curious as to where this app went to. It says it was downloaded; but don't Know were to. You'd think that if it was not compatible; it would say so.

Thanks

6. netslacker macrumors 6502

If you used iTunes on your iMac to download it then it is stored in iTunes ready to be installed the next time you sync. You can't find the downloaded app outside of iTunes (unless you know where to look). You can see the download within iTunes by clicking on the Apps label on the left.

7. theslaz thread starter macrumors 6502