Can´t install Windows 7 on my Crucial 256 SSD

Discussion in 'Windows, Linux & Others on the Mac' started by ciberkarlos, Jul 26, 2012.

1. ciberkarlos macrumors member

Aug 8, 2011
    Hi everyone, i've just replaced my crappy MBP 2010's HDD for a brand new Crucial M4 256gb. I CCC'd my HDD to my new SSD, yesterday i installed Mountain Lion and everything was great. But when i'm trying to install Windows 7 via Bootcamp i can't. I can create the partition, and the installation begins, but in the last step (completing installation), the screen just freezes and i have to switch off my mac.

What would be the problem, the Windows 7 DVD, the new version of Bootcamp on ML or the SSD? I've used the same disk to install Windows 7 on my old HDD and everything was ok.

Thank you very much in advance.
  2. Nova7 macrumors newbie

Jul 13, 2010
    same problem

like you i have the late 2010 mbp 13 and replaced my hdd with the crucial m4 256. I installed ML a week ago and now im trying to bootcamp. it hangs at last step "completing installation." I have tried the usb keyboard trick where you plug in a usb keyboard and press any key on it constantly while it says "completing installation". Help anyone???
  3. walindour macrumors member

Oct 5, 2003
    Seattle, WA
    Are you guys still having issues with this? I am curious if it is indeed a Crucial SSD related hiccup or ML issue.