can´t open ics attachments

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by macbookhamburg, Jun 19, 2009.

1. macbookhamburg macrumors regular

I´m sorry, if I was just too stupid to search ... I have a iphone classic with os 3.0 and a can´t seem to figure out how to open .ics attachments
    The show up in mail an they are coloured but when I press on them nothing happens ....
    any hints ? Thank you !

Attached Files:

2. TitoC macrumors 6502

TitoC

Apparently, what Apple forgot to mention to any of us was that the ability for opening ICS attachments was for Exchange users only. Apparently, for users using THEIR application (iCal) or any other application using the CalDav format, no love.

And I quote:
    11:16AM "Next, Calendar. In iPhone 1.0 we supported personal calendars, last year, we added Exchange support, and this was always up to date. This year we're adding support for two additional calendar types. The first is CalDAV."

So no, you are not incorrect. This WAS promised to us, but apparently not delivered. I am in the same boat as you. Still no ability to open ICS attachments.

3. macbookhamburg thread starter macrumors regular

... mmmh Ok how disappointing :-O Thanks for your answer ! I had something like that in the back of my head but I thought I misunderstood something ...