Can´t play various games in bootcamp windows

Discussion in 'Windows, Linux & Others on the Mac' started by vitorferreira, Jul 7, 2010.

1. vitorferreira macrumors newbie

hi there, i bought a imac 27" quad core i5, and like in my previous imac 20" i created a partition to play my games in bootcamp...but this time i installed the W7 64bit ( used the trick command promt on instalation to del c:\windows\system32\drivers\atikmdag.sys if im not mistaken, to get the screen to work and finnish the instalation ) did everything by the book, installed drivers from OS X dvd, then bootcamp 3.1.
    But all my games ( pes 2010, resident evil 5 and OF dragon rising) dont work! the only one that works is company of heroes ( 2006? ) PES 2010 installs but when start .exe gave me a message ( doesn't work on 64bit OS only 32bit ) the other 2 don-t even let me install them appearing the same message of incompatibility...so...i installed W7 32bit ultimate...now the messages didnt show, instead, a black window ( look like DOS ) appears and disappears in a sec, in PES after instalation, when trying to run the game, on the other 2, on the attempt to install the games just like in the 64bit version.
    So, i rolled back to what i thought it would work, since i know there are some issues with W7 and imac, the XP SP3! with same results on W7 32bit...pops a window like DOS, for a milisec, and disappears...over and over again...please HELP!

thanks in advance!

2. aki macrumors 6502a

I can't be a lot of help, but I can say I had Res Evil 5 installed successfully on Win 7 64 bit running Bootcamp 3.0 on a C2D 24" iMac.

3. vitorferreira thread starter macrumors newbie

thanks anyway...yes i never had an issue in my imac 20"...and don´t think that the part where i had to "del c:\windows\... ...\atikmdag.sys" has nothing to do with my problem since i only had to do it on both W7 instalations (32bit and 64bit) the XP didn´t required this move...and i have the same problem as i in the 32bit version of W7.
    so frustrated...

4. vitorferreira thread starter macrumors newbie

bump of the day...getting a bit worried with so few replys...i guess if i'm the only one having these sort of issues...then it must be a problem with my imac

5. vistadude macrumors 65816

Does your imac meet the system requirements? Certainly the processor should be fast enough, but imac video cards are not very powerful compared to video cards on gaming pc's.

It could also be the video card drivers are out of date. On a pc, it would be easy to download new ATI or Nvidia drivers but on a mac, you might need mac specific video card drivers.

6. skate71290 macrumors 6502a

PES 2010 runs on my MBA, the 27" iMac should be more than fine, install Windows 7 x86 from a FRESH install, fully update (if using a pirated copy, caution, do not install WGA updates), then update DirectX 9.c (or DirectX 10/11 if compatible, but i doubt it) install Flash, Shockwave, VLC Media Player then try again, good luck, in addition, check your screen is running at optimal resolution and that Windows Experience Index (Windows Scoring System) has been run

7. vitorferreira thread starter macrumors newbie

thanks for those tips skate...i will try that later ( didn´t get what that WGA was...since, yes, its a win7 x86 piwate copy ) also didn't get some other stuff you mentioned..but i'm at work, and i'm sure i will get into it better, at home and with free time ti investigate! thnks a lot