Can´t see cursor in PS CS3

Discussion in 'Design and Graphics' started by kallun, Aug 10, 2007.

1. kallun macrumors newbie

Hello,

Since a couple of days I can´t see my mouse cursor against the black background of images in Photoshop CS3. I guess I have altered some setting accidentally :)

This happens with both the mouse arrowhead and the "cross" for cropping etc.

I would highly appreciate any advice on how to make my cursor white when moved over black again.

Thanks!

/Kallun

2. prophet8511 macrumors member

Quit out of photoshop goto

/[user]/library/preferences/

move the Photoshop Settings folder to the Desktop..

launch photoshop and try.

3. sk3pt1c macrumors 6502a

sk3pt1c

in settings->cursors (i think) there is an option called "precise cursors", maybe you ticked it on.
    that makes your cursor change to a crosshair no matter what tool you have, so that you can do precise work.
    also, check your tool size, if it is a brush or something, maybe you're on a large image with a small brush size, so you can't really see it.
    increase the size using the ] key and see what happens.
    that's all i can think of, hope it helps.

4. bocomo macrumors 6502

also check your caps lock key as this will engage precise cursors

if its a temporary thing, hold the spacebar to change the cursor to the hand which is easy to see

5. Mac Kiwi macrumors 6502a

Every new PS version I always pray it will be the first one where you can change the cursor colour to anyone you want.

Sometimes I lose the cursor completely on one monitor,restart usually fixes it.

Wacom drivers can also play games like this from time to time,especially when its a new version of PS or Painter etc.