iPhone Can’t buy rent media iTunes because TV App?

Discussion in 'iOS 11' started by Sym0, Sep 19, 2017.

1. Sym0 macrumors 6502

Sym0

So updated to ios11 and went to rent a movie on my 6s and a message comes up that I have to have the TV App installed and links me to the App Store. There is a grey text box at the top of the TV App page that says the app is not available on this devise with no get button.

WTF is going on? I literally can’t give Apple my money and getting shunted around in circles.

2. Sym0 thread starter macrumors 6502

Sym0

3. Synergie, Sep 20, 2017
    Last edited: Sep 20, 2017

Synergie macrumors 6502a

I have his same issue. I did have the TV app but inadvertently deleted it since I had thought it was for Apple TV. I didn’t know it was the Videos replacement. I can however download the Videos app. It still shows my old purchased movies but have not tried to purchase new ones yet. I get that same message if I try to download the TV app again. The old videos app doesn’t work either I just tried. It downloads no problem but if I click store it goes to iTunes Store and if I try to purchase a movie same thing.... says I need TV app but I can’t download the TV app.

4. Sym0 thread starter macrumors 6502

Sym0

I fixed it. I had GM installed and I suspect there was a release of the TV App regionally on ios11 day, since I had it early it didn’t work right.

I did a full erase and reset and restored from backup and it’s all fine now.

I also removed the beta profile.

5. Synergie macrumors 6502a

I don’t have the GM... was never part of Beta (for this at least). So not sure what my issue is. I really dont want to do a restore as that means downloading all the iCloud photos etc again :(

6. Sym0 thread starter macrumors 6502

Sym0

That’s why I don’t use photos. Al mine are with Google (formally Picasa) and I still ha e every single photo I ever took from the year 2000.

Before Google photos I used to download my phone like a camera regularly with folder by date and let Picasa back it up.

Now it happens in real time straight off the phone so the download is only to keep a hard copy on my NAS.