Can’t find a flawless macbook

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by Ousb, Mar 11, 2018.

1. Ousb macrumors newbie

Ousb

Hello everyone

In the last week, I exchanged several macbook pros but can’t find one without any small dent or scratch on the body. I thought that the computer was supposed to be flawless since Apple makes only high quality products. Im getting a bit tired of this. Is it impossible to find a 100% perfect computer ? Im new to the forum, I came looking for answers.
    Thanks

2. chabig macrumors 603

No. Nothing made by humans is 100% perfect.

You look young. To expect perfection is unreasonable. You’ll be disappointed for life if you expect as much.

3. raqball macrumors 68000

Weird... I am on my 1st and while I have not looked at mine under a microscope, to the naked eye, it looks a-okay to me.

4. MichaelDT macrumors regular

That is one of the hardest parts of manufacturing and generally the most irrelevant to use. Even if you look at 100k cars you’ll notice very slight differences and imperfections in the body. I’m sure one day we’ll be able to achieve crystalline solid perfection, but solid state physics has not reached that point yet.

5. maerz001 macrumors 65816

maerz001

Well I bought a couple of Apple products in my life and every one was without scratches.

But what do you define as a scratch?

Apart from that it will get some after a couple of weeks use anyway. So it's not really that important

6. Ousb thread starter macrumors newbie

Ousb

Well sometimes a dent or a silver colored spot on a space gray mac

7. Lil Chillbil macrumors 65816

Lil Chillbil

8. Ousb thread starter macrumors newbie

Ousb

Attached Files:

9. Audit13 macrumors 601

Audit13

All of these Macbooks were supposed to be BNIB from the Apple store or some other retailer?

10. Ousb thread starter macrumors newbie

Ousb

From the apple store

11. Audit13 macrumors 601

Audit13

And they were supposed to be BNIB?

12. JSt83 macrumors member

JSt83

That's weird, all Apple products I've ever bought came in a visually flawless state.

13. Ousb thread starter macrumors newbie

Ousb

Whats BNIB ?

14. JSt83 macrumors member

JSt83

Brand new in box.

15. Ousb thread starter macrumors newbie

Ousb

YES brand new. Thats why im shocked that so many of them have flaws. Maybe im looking closer than most of you.

16. MacDawg macrumors Core

MacDawg

Prolly, cause in 2 of the 3 pics I could hardly tell what you were looking at close up
    In the other, you didn't circle anything(?) but looked like a scratch, but it wasn't in the center of the pic(?)
    I'm sure if you look hard enough you can find something wrong with anything

17. ilikewhey macrumors 6502a

ilikewhey

that is weird, you should contact apple online instead of going back to the same store. hell even the used ones i bought off ebay doesn't have little scratches like that.

18. BasicGreatGuy Contributor

BasicGreatGuy

The second picture looks like a manufacturing scratch that some others on the forum (over time) have received with a brand new unit, and returned for one without the defect. The third picture is the same. Both of these are rare occurrences. As to the first picture, I don't know what that is supposed to show.

When a company produces millions upon millions of products at a time, there are going to be mishaps with production and assembly.

Return the unit and buy in store (if possible). That way, you can examine before leaving. If that is not possible, remember that you aren't perfect, and allowances and understanding have been made for you in that light. Afford the same to others.

19. Southern_Vet macrumors newbie

From the wear on the keys in the photo something smells fishy. Just use the darn thing.

20. rawweb macrumors 6502a

rawweb

I was going to say the same thing. So strange, it looks like someone ate an entire bag of chips and some extra crispy and deep-fat fried KFC, and fingered up the keys for a good hour or ten.

21. csurfr macrumors 68020

Agreed. If this is supposed to be a brand new machine, the R and E keys would not be shiny and worn down.

For comparison, I submit this. From my 3 week old 2017. Not a single shiny key.

CAD7A811-FA5E-435E-B4CB-22D5CEBAF752.jpeg BF3A4630-F81D-4E5B-825E-A5D7A9F583AE.jpeg 0E9EDFC9-0DE5-46AC-8F76-FB6DAA3B04C6.jpeg

22. slam5 macrumors member

No MacBook Pro or any other computer is perfect. In MacBook Pro’s case, it is easily fixable. Apple just have to put a coat of non-slipping material and people won’t drop it easily.