Can’t Order Sim Free iPhone X

Peafreen

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Mar 14, 2004
MA
As usual, Apple didn’t open the pre-order up to folks who don’t have a major carrier....they should tell their sales people that in the stores, I was told by an Apple employee that everyone would be able to pre-order...disappointing.

DDustiNN

macrumors 68000
Jan 27, 2011
$100 markup plus I’ve heard it will lock to the first sim you put in it unless it’s Verizon.
You can get a price match. I’ve done it in the past.

Didn’t know about the lock thing. Can’t you just have your carrier unlock it? Since it’s not under contract from them, I think they should do it.

macnmac

macrumors regular
Jun 18, 2017
yeah that sucks... but good thing im on a major carrier anyway... was able to buy a "sim free att"

best buy had them...

Gaura Mohana

macrumors regular
Feb 24, 2011
Gainesville, FL
I work part time at Best Buy. Yes, we will price match on an iPhone. IF WE HAVE TO. The managers at my store will only price match IF they feel like it because the profit margins on iPhones before that extra $100 is absurdly low. We're talking less than $5 on an Iphone 7.

gurase

macrumors 6502
Oct 12, 2015
yeah that sucks... but good thing im on a major carrier anyway... was able to buy a "sim free att"

best buy had them...
It will be locked to AT&T when you put in your sim, and AT&T likely won’t unlock it.

Edit: just to clarify, I’m referring to phones sold by Best Buy.

Last edited:

myscrnnm

macrumors 65816
Sep 16, 2014
Seattle, WA
Interesting; has Best Buy marked up iPhones in the past? I've never purchased from them but had assumed they would be at MSRP.

DDustiNN

macrumors 68000
Jan 27, 2011
Interesting; has Best Buy marked up iPhones in the past? I've never purchased from them but had assumed they would be at MSRP.
Yes, every phone I bought from them was $50-100 more. But they always price matched Apple when I brought it up.