Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

bmac89

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Aug 3, 2014
Hello,

I have noticed that when using the 4 finger gesture to swipe between apps that you can’t quickly swipe between multiple apps. After each swipe you have to wait a few seconds before it will register the gesture again. This is definitely different from previous version of iOS and hopefully it just needs to be optimised in later beta releases. Is this happening for anyone else?
I will send a bug report.

I also notice that the background of each space is black rather than the blurred desktop background.

Thanks

iPad Pro 9.7” Public Beta

bmac89

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Aug 3, 2014
Can anyone test this to see whether it is same for you?

Thanks

Feenician

macrumors 603
Jun 13, 2016
Can anyone test this to see whether it is same for you?

Thanks

Yes.Painfully slow. I already reported this to Apple against DP2 but it wouldn’t hurt if you do too.
[doublepost=1499568909][/doublepost]I forgot to mention. If you leave your fingers on screen instead of lifting between swipes you can swipe pretty much instantly but, because of the distance you need to swipe, that will only get you two apps across or so before you have to lift and wait.

Reactions: bmac89

thislsmadness

macrumors member
Jun 3, 2014
It does the same thing on my 10.5. That said, the slight delay is something I've always experienced since they added the swipe gesture. It does the same on my Air 2 running iOS10, not sure if the "pro" iPads didn't experience before though.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.