Can’t view Apple ID to unhide music on my X

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by noobinator, Nov 5, 2017.

1. noobinator macrumors 603

noobinator

I am trying unhide my purchase music by going to iTunes Store then going to the bottom and clicking on my ID to unhide. However the attached screen just pops up and does nothing. It’s not even trying to scan my face and double clicking does nothing. I have to close the app because it sits like this forever.

How else can I unhide my music so I can download it? Can anyone else get into their ID?

27AD2961-BC9F-4BBD-BF12-1D6FAB77D315.png

2. tromboneaholic Suspended

tromboneaholic

Are you double clicking the power button?

3. noobinator thread starter macrumors 603

noobinator

Thanks. I’m an idiot. Lol

4. HEK macrumors 68040

HEK

Makes two of us. Yesterday tried same thing kept trying to swipe box that looked hidden off to right side.

Dah.....wanted me to push main button twice......red faced.

5. noobinator thread starter macrumors 603

noobinator

Glad I’m not alone. I have no idea why I never thought it might be referring to a physical button.

6. HEK macrumors 68040

HEK

Hit me like ton of bricks, once I realized seemed obvious. Till I did I kept trying to swipe to left and it wouldn’t’t, LOL.

7. Nermal Moderator

Nermal

Staff Member

I don't blame you; for decades we've been conditioned to "click" on UI elements, not physical buttons.

8. noobinator thread starter macrumors 603

noobinator

I had another epiphany just now when downloading my first app on this new phone. It made me double click in the same manner and then it scanned my face. So this made me realize it was getting me to invoke apple pay or something, I guess?

9. HEK macrumors 68040

HEK

Yes even free apps look for authentication when being downloaded. Same as before the X.

10. tromboneaholic Suspended

tromboneaholic

As an aside, it’s cool how FaceID authenticates to used stored credentials in Safari for websites (username/password). No clicking required!

TouchID wasn’t used this way. It’s a simple way of using passive biometrics to make the phone more secure without the user having to take additional action.

I do like having to double click to authentic downloading paid apps or using Apple Pay since the alternative would be accidentally buying something by looking at it.

11. HEK macrumors 68040

HEK

I had funny issue other day kept trying to click on screen to authenticate. Till I realized they meant to double click main side button. LOL