Can 1800 MY APPLE issue an exhange for in-store iPhone 5 purchase?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Mbman81, Sep 24, 2012.

1. Mbman81 macrumors member

Hi all,

So both phones that I purchased (launch day, in store) have dings/chips in the bezel. My black has two small marks and a 1.5 cm scratch on screen. My white has one large ding/chip and two small ones.

My local apple store is out of stock completely so I was hoping I could call the support number and ask them for an exchange to ship when ever stock is available. The phones work fine, just external damage so not a big hurry to have it replaced. Just needs to be pristine so I can sell it in one year.

Has anyone done this? Any advice? Any advance exchange fees? Trying to get some info / previous experience before I call.

Thanks!

2. Mbman81 thread starter macrumors member

3. close2reality macrumors 6502

they most likely have genius bar supply in-stock. long story short: they carry a stock separate from public walk-ins for genius bar replacements. call your local retail and ask about it.

4. Mbman81 thread starter macrumors member

Yeah I know what you mean. I was trying to avoid one of those white box ones as I'd had bad luck in the past.

5. brand macrumors 601

brand

Ever thought about actually calling 1-800-MY-APPLE? That would make the most sense and yield the most direct and accurate answer.