Can a desktop monitor be used with iPhone?

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by funops, Nov 3, 2009.

1. funops macrumors newbie

We are giving a demonstration Saturday of our iPhone app and I was wondering if it's possible to hook up the iPhone with a standard desktop monitor in order for a group of people to watch the demo instead of one or so clustered around the iPhone itself.

Thank You,
    Bob

2. DaGreat01 macrumors 6502a

DaGreat01

Yu can go out and buy the AV cable to connect it to a tv screen. Im not sure about like a desktop monitor though.

3. misterpasta macrumors member

4. Slypr macrumors member

If you simply use those cables I'm pretty sure you can only output videos and pictures, which isn't what the op is wanting. Although I believe what you are trying to do is possible via jailbreaking

5. Acronym macrumors 68000

yeah there is a jailbroken app called veency which will output the iphone screen (what ever is shoing home screen, apps whatever) to the monitor.

the only catch is that it is kind of laggy on the computer side of things.

6. DaGreat01 macrumors 6502a

DaGreat01

yea, if his app has a lot of graphics things going on then that wont work too well.

7. FSMBP macrumors 68020

FSMBP

Maybe you should video-tape your iPhone and the app. Film a demo and play it for everyone to see.

That way everyone can see and you can not worry about mistakes, and technical difficulties with the demo (besides getting the video to play ;) ).

8. pcs are junk macrumors 65816

yeah dude i mean the only way ur gonna get it like that is to jailbreak it and yes its very laggy, and not such a wise choice since its breaks your UELA and i assume you are trying to get your app approved by apple, so then you'd have to be showing them. They'd be like hey, this is impossible without jailbreaking, he must have jailbroken that iphone, we need to sue him for 25 grand, quick jeremy, call my lawyer!

So yeah its probably not the best idea, well, u can take screen shots of it, and display those if u google how to, cuz i forget, but its perfectly legal too. just upload those to ur computer. oh btw, if you dont have a mac that you're bringing, try to borrow a friends, it might get you brownie points. :D

9. GTDaveMac macrumors regular