Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

RoastingPig

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Jul 23, 2012
SoCal
One of my cousins came down from montana to los angeles and bought a retina macbook 13 while he was here. as soon as he got back to montana he started second guessing his purchase.

Is there anyway he can somehow initiate a return through the mail it only been 5 days since the purchase?

yukyuklee

macrumors 6502
Jan 4, 2011
Boston, MA
One of my cousins came down from montana to los angeles and bought a retina macbook 13 while he was here. as soon as he got back to montana he started second guessing his purchase.

Is there anyway he can somehow initiate a return through the mail it only been 5 days since the purchase?

idk about apple but when I bought a snowboarding jacket at Dicks sporting goods in CT and I wanted to return it when I got back to Boston they wouldn't refund me the tax that I paid down there. So I am wondering with such a big purchase from Apple would do the same?

macs4nw

macrumors 601

I know the reverse is true, ie on-line purchases can be returned to an Apple Store, in the US anyway. There's one way to find out. Contact Apple, explain the situation and see if they'll give you an RMA and email you a pre-paid shipping label.

Keep us posted about the outcome.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.