Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

ImNoSuperMan

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Dec 1, 2005
Yippie. I bought the MB yesterday. But it`ll reach me when my cousin comes back from SF to India next monday. He cant get the box with him as then he might have to pay custom duty which is bout 110%:eek:

So I want to ship the box through UPS. Can some one who already has a MB please tell me the size and weight of the MacBook box. So that I can check online if it wud be worth shipping it all the way to india. If the shipping turn out to be too much, then I`ll simply leave the box. But that will reduce the resale value a lot if I ever want to sell the MB.(Y in the world would I sell it?)

So if someone can measure the dimensions then please tell me. I tried the apple site. But as expected they had no info bout the dimensions of the box.

ImNoSuperMan

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Dec 1, 2005
Oh sh#t. I just assumed the box size to be 17x17x4 inches. And the weight to be 5lbs. And UPS says it costs 120$ for the shipping. I think I`ll do without the box afterall.

ImNoSuperMan

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Dec 1, 2005
Jaffa Cake said:
Can't he flatten the box and place it in his luggage (as in the stuff going in the hold, not hand luggage)?

Thanx for the tip. I was thinking bout exactly the same thing right now. I think this will be the best option for me to get the box.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.