can a verizon blackebrry unlimited plan be transfered to the iphone 4s?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by ThereGoesJB, Oct 7, 2011.

1. ThereGoesJB macrumors regular

my gf is pre ordering her iphone 4s right now, she currently has an unlimited plan through verizon on her blackberry. She is due for an upgrade... can she somehow transfer her unlimited plan to the new iphone or is this not an option?

2. 00trayn macrumors member

I went from a Droid unlimited data plan to an iPhone 4S last night for preorder. It appears under the options listed for data plans as Unlimited and it said (grandfathered) or something next to it. It should transfer over with no extra steps.

3. jbg232 macrumors 65816

jbg232

Yes, the unlimited plan applies to all smartphones, of which the blackberry is a part of and you CAN upgrade from blackberry unlmited -> iphone unlimited.

4. ThereGoesJB thread starter macrumors regular

thanks all

she pre ordered online and said she chose the 2GB/month plan... I'm going to go with her to a verizon store after work today, hopefully they can change it.

5. mtntrance macrumors member

I think I grandfathered to unlimited data plan too.

I had a blackberry data plan unlimited for 29.99 a month. It had that option under the 2 GB option for 30.00 a month on the drop down so I chose the 29.99. In my summary out says "unlimited web and e-mail". That makes me feel better about the $20 fee for "early Upgrade" that they are ripping us off with.

6. jbg232 macrumors 65816

jbg232

They can't, she probably needs to cancel and re-order. Make sure NOT to activate if it says that -> once you change the plan it can never be re-added.

7. ThereGoesJB thread starter macrumors regular

went to a verizon store with her today, figured id post an update.

The clerk said that they couldnt do anything yet since in their system she would only be able to see her current account (a blackberry with unlimitted plan).
    But also said that since she is just upgrading the phone on her account there is really no reason that anything about her plan should change, including her grandfathered unlimited plan. She also said that when she gets the phone, if there is any change on her plan that she should come back and they would straighten it out for her.

I get the feeling there will be a change since she chose the 2gb option but we'll see.

8. jbg232 macrumors 65816

jbg232

Well, nothing ACTUALLY gets changed until you ACTIVATE the phone. If you want to be on the safe side (which I think you do because once you lose it they can't add it back on even if accidental) go to the store to activate the phone.