Can an app be transferred to ipad desktop by wifi?

Discussion in 'iPad' started by alpacasrme, Jan 7, 2011.

1. alpacasrme macrumors newbie

Hi All,
    I've spent two days on this. In this case, I purchased Star Walk for Ipad and my connection was too slow for a download. I got a message saying download it to your computer and transfer to ipad.

Is there a wifi way to get an app on the ipad desktop. I can transfer the file through Avatron Air Sharing or Readdle Docs. After that I am stuck.

Do I have to use iTunes?

Thanks so much. Happy New Years.

2. alpacasrme thread starter macrumors newbie

Clarification please?

Hi.
    Thanks for your answer. To clarify, do you mean that the ipad must be physically connected to my computer, or is there a wifi solution?
    Thanks again for sharing your knowledge.
    Love your Bulldog. I have 2 Great Pyrs, an Anatolian
    Shepherd. a PBGV and a Wheaten-Husky/Wolf Cross.

3. robbieduncan Moderator emeritus

robbieduncan

The only way to transfer the application is to sync with iTunes using a USB cable. There is no WiFi solution.

4. Joined:
    May 30, 2010
    Not entirely true. There is a wireless sync solution provided via jailbreak. However, I would not recommend this at all to transfer large amounts of data.

And besides, you'll need to connect your iPad to the computer to jb anyways so you might as well just do it through iTunes.

5. Night Spring macrumors G5

Night Spring

If possible, I'd try to find a stronger/faster wifi connection and try redownloading from the app store.

6. AppleGoddess macrumors 6502a

AppleGoddess

WhAt do you think this is a droid?next you will be asking for over the air updates..lol