Can an Ipod Touch act as a remote control to play music on a second docked Ipod Touch

Discussion in 'iPod touch Accessories' started by karllutz, Nov 30, 2008.

1. karllutz macrumors newbie

I have read that an Ipod touch with remote installed can play music through itunes on a computer or Apple TV. Can that same remote also play music through a second ipod touch that would be docked to a receiver? Thanks for any help.

2. MacBlackBook22 macrumors 6502

MacBlackBook22

I have the same setup and was wondering that myself I would love to be able to control the docked touch with the other touch from across the room..

Please someone tell us that it can and how to do it :)

3. Ivan P macrumors 68030

Ivan P

At the moment the remote app can only be used to control iTunes and the Apple TV, not another iPod touch.

4. goodall04 macrumors newbie

Great question and one that surely needs a solution - any apps out there yet for this?

5. iSaygoodbye macrumors 6502a

iSaygoodbye

unless theres a specific app for this i doubt it

6. jhsfosho macrumors 6502

i agree, someone needs to make this app soon. There are a couple apps that have similar functionality that might work. (Fart machine/ noise makers) One in particular you can upload your own sounds in mp3 format. Then with another ipod or with a laptop you can browse to a webpage and choose which sound to hear. So I don't see why you couldn't upload songs instead of sounds, then choose songs. I believe the name of the app in the itunes store is Remote Sound Box.
    Remote Sound Box