Can an unlocked iphone be used with a sim card from a blackberry data plan

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by johnsonk2, Jul 14, 2009.

1. johnsonk2 macrumors newbie

I have a blackberry and can't get rid of it due to work. I'd love an iphone but don't want to pay for an additional data plan. If i get an unlocked iphone could i interchange the sim card from my blackberry and it still work? If that isn't possible then I am resolved to get an ipod touch, but really want the iphone given the convenience of the connectivity to the internet via cell signal.

Thanks

2. chrisms macrumors newbie

I'd assume AT&T would notice the IEMI as an iPhone and go ahead and charge you.

Other companies on the other hand, as they don't have iPhone plans, wouldn't care as much

3. GeekGirl* macrumors 65816

GeekGirl*

4. leons macrumors 6502

If your Blackberry SIM is from ATT it WILL work. Mine has been working this way for months.:p

5. johnsonk2 thread starter macrumors newbie

It is indeed from ATT. Now let me ask this, can you move back and forth from iphone to bb. for example, could I use my bb during the work week/day and then pop out the sim and insert it into the iphone on the weekends for personal use. Also, when the iphone does not have the sim in it can i still use it much like an ipod touch would be used ( for music, apps, etc.)

Have you noticed that your ATT bills have changed any?