Can animoji’s be sent to any iPhone?

djcingular

macrumors regular
Sep 15, 2014
Princeton, NJ
I would think so, as long as they're running ios11. It would be cruel to add a feature as such, and the only recipients are those w/ ip8's & X's.

Jaymd1970

macrumors member
Original poster
Sep 20, 2012
Cheshire,UK
Hope so too. Will we be able to send animjo to a Apple Watch and it shows just the animoji on screen? Will these speak,if so on which series?

Hermes Monster

macrumors 65816
May 4, 2010
UK
Since upgrading to watchOS4 my watch (S1) tells me to look at my phone whenever I get a message photo/video message - which is quite annoying

Hater

macrumors 6502a
Sep 20, 2017
Edinburgh, Scotland
Yep.

Surely because it's marketing, there will be swathes of people who will "need" the ability to make animoji's, and seeing them in action will force their hand to buy an X.

DDustiNN

macrumors 68000
Jan 27, 2011
Since upgrading to watchOS4 my watch (S1) tells me to look at my phone whenever I get a message photo/video message - which is quite annoying
I noticed that too but didn’t think anything of it until you mentioned it. Now that I think about it, I’m pretty sure the photos used to show up on the watch, even on the preview notification. Wtf?

Hermes Monster

macrumors 65816
May 4, 2010
UK
I noticed that too but didn’t think anything of it until you mentioned it. Now that I think about it, I’m pretty sure the photos used to show up on the watch, even on the preview notification. Wtf?
Yeah it definitely did, and while it wasn’t always great viewing you at least got an idea of what it was and whether you needed to reply/comment