Can any fellow members with an Incase Snap check something for me?

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by DougFNJ, Feb 18, 2011.

1. DougFNJ macrumors 6502a

DougFNJ

I bought this case on Tuesday and love the size, form factor, and the fact that it retains the iPhone's great looks while offering some protection.

I am curious though, when looking at everything from the front, the right side looks nice and snug. Along the left side however, I see a tiny strip of steel along the iPhones left side exposed where it grips perfectly along the right side.....just a little sliver mind you like it may be ever so slightly loose?

It holds just fine, but my concern is dirt or dust getting in there.

Is this normal with this case possibly designed for getting it off easier, or was it possibly molded a little loose?

Thanks for any help :D

2. DougFNJ thread starter macrumors 6502a

DougFNJ

Anyone? surely someone has a Snap Case that you could take a quick look :confused:

3. AuroraProject macrumors 65816

AuroraProject

Mine does the same thing, only down the right side. It fits, but the metal band is visible.

4. 007bond macrumors 6502a

007bond

It looks the same as you described for me. I don't think it's that big of an issue

5. Neoaucourant macrumors member

6. DougFNJ thread starter macrumors 6502a

DougFNJ

Thank you for your answers, wasn't a huge deal, just being a little anal.

7. calvy macrumors 65816

Call me crazy, but I had a similar problem with my incase snap smoke case that I got from the free case program. It didn't actually snap all the way onto the phone, and thus some of the steel antenna band was visible and it didn't provide as much of a lip over the face in some areas vs others.

I went and bought another one at the Apple store and then returned the one that didnt fit in it's packaging at Apple the next day. I showed the guy how the thing didn't fit on there properly, and he agreed.

8. alamperti macrumors member

alamperti

@DoughFNJ you may find some close-up pictures in my Incase Snap Case review black version, sorry for the text it's an Italian language resource. We also have a clear version, both are coming from the Apple Store retail, feel free to ask if you need some further info :)

9. barkingDog macrumors regular

barkingDog

Apologies for digging up an older thread, but my bad experience Defaultcases (same design style) had me looking into this since I like the design style. I had a bit of Apple Store credit, so I reluctantly plopped down the difference in retail price for one of these (Geez: $34.95 for a piece of plastic! I know; markup, design, etc.)

Anyway, the point of this post:

*If* you do fit it in just right (took a couple tries), the antenna will not be exposed on either side. I did see this symptom upon initial installation, but apparently you really need to snap (no pun) these things in just right, lest they end up with a tiny gap on one side.

Since the case is quite common among iP4 owners, this news is most likely old hat, I'd imagine. But just for the good of this thread, if anything. :)

It's an OCD type thing, yeah: but my guess is there are lot's of us OCD types 'round these parts.

10. richxps macrumors 65816

richxps

How well is this case holdin up ? Any signs of scratching on the back of the phone from it?

11. barkingDog macrumors regular

barkingDog

Hmm. I'm guessing by your query that these cases have a history of scratching the back of the iP4?

I have a SP on the back (I know, it's superfluous) -- but what say you: it this an issue (sans SP on the back)?

Anyway, the jury is still out on whether I'll keep the case (certainly better than the Defaultcase ordeal.) But it is holding up fine.

12. richxps macrumors 65816

richxps

Any usage updates for this case? Can anyone tell if a rear sp will mke this case fit right?

13. John88 macrumors member

I have an Invisible Shield on the back of my iPhone, case fits fine with it.