Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

shashwat

macrumors member
Original poster
May 2, 2010
Hi..
I have finally transferred pictures into my ipad but i would like to play with them....give it different effects,club 2 pics in one etc etc..
Asi didnt have much idea about it i tried downloading the free adobe photoshop app available for the ipad on the iphone...
Well it was a very very bad idea...

M looking for a much more deep stuff...can anybody help me here?
I have no problems with paid app suggestions...
Just that the app should be kinda comprehensive

Thanx

Shashwat

shadowness

macrumors regular
Apr 24, 2010
already being discussed in the iPad app forum!
https://forums.macrumors.com/threads/939227/

Photogene is highly recommended.
other editing apps like photopad, filterstorm and Photoforge are also good.
effect apps like colorsplash, masque, camerabag and tiffen photo Fx Ultra and FX Photo studio are available too.

color splash and masque are selective color type apps except that masque has additional effects like blur, darken, lighten etc other than the selective B&W funtion and has layers. so additional control on effects and mask per layer.

Camerabag is same as the iphone version but with ipad formatted layout, but has a good selection of auto filters with little to modify or control.

Checkout Adorama TV's ipad photo applications weekly podcast at youtube or itunes.

yet to try tiffen photo FX ultra and FX photo studio HD.

Tom G.

macrumors 68020
Jun 16, 2009
Champaign/Urbana Illinois
Actually there is no "Best" Photo app. You can only do your own research, buy them, play with them and then decide if they fit your need. I have several and use some more then others and some I'm considering getting rid of because I haven't used them much in quite a while.

Part of the fun for me is this experimenting with the various apps. The asking price even if more than similar apps on the iPhone is not wallet breaking so some mistakes are not going to break the bank. I say this because years ago I had a Windows Mobile device and every program for it seemed to be $39.99 or more. This gives me a different point of view when seeing an app at $3.99 and deciding whether or not I want to buy it to try it.

VirtualRain

macrumors 603
Aug 1, 2008
Vancouver, BC
Actually there is no "Best" Photo app. You can only do your own research, buy them, play with them and then decide if they fit your need. I have several and use some more then others and some I'm considering getting rid of because I haven't used them much in quite a while.

I think this thread counts as research? :confused:

Why don't you help us all out by sharing your experience and some of the pros/cons of each one so we don't all have to waste money buying apps that don't meet our needs?

jobyrose

macrumors newbie
Feb 22, 2011
Seems like I am not alone here... In my experience of using iPad in last 3 months, I have figured there are tons of crap but nothing which can be counted as a decent portfolio or proof taking solution. I currently use an app named Sortshots. That is not specifically for the portfolios but it has got much more than what you need for these things.. of course you need to use it little differently. They have got EXIF/Metadata support which is great coz syncing is much easier with Lightroom and iPad. I though you might want to take a look at it in case that helps. I think that was 5.99$

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.