Can anyone else confirm freezing of Real Racing on their 4s?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by paulyd0021, Oct 16, 2011.

1. paulyd0021 macrumors newbie

I just got my new 4s and have been downloading a bunch of different apps from the AppStore. One of them was Real Racing GTI which was free. I'm assuming this is not the full version. Anyways, I just downloaded the game yesterday and started playing. Everything moves alone nicely until you start racing. About every 10 to 15 seconds the screen will freeze up for about 1-2 seconds, making the game unplayable. I was just wondering if anyone else with a 4s or iOS 5 could confirm this happening on theirs as well? Or maybe something is wrong with my phone? It also froze up when I was trying to make a call earlier with Siri . :\

2. Epiphron macrumors regular

try rebooting your phone. your memory could be all clogged up if you haven't restarted lately

3. Alisstar macrumors 6502

Alisstar

I'm having issues with that game on my 4S as well. Asphalt 6 has an issue too. It looks like the game is scaling itself down to 3GS graphics. I'm thinking an update will be necessary for both apps, or an issue with the new graphics processor.

4. paulyd0021 thread starter macrumors newbie

I tried rebooting, didnt help. I'm going to try asphalt 6 to see if it does the same for me. I'm guessing like you said it has something to do with the graphics chip. Perhaps the games need to update their software or maybe its the driver of the graphics chip.

5. paulyd0021 thread starter macrumors newbie

Alright, I tried Asphalt 6 Free Version. And it actually ran fine. Was yours the full version? I'm going to download Real Racing GTI again to see if it was just a fluke bad download.

6. Todthebod macrumors member

7. paulyd0021 thread starter macrumors newbie

I uninstalled and re downloaded Real Racing again and it still doesn't work. Ah well.

8. Jman13 macrumors 68000

Don't have GTI but RR2 and Asphalt 6 both work great on my 4S

9. Snowman3459 macrumors 6502a

Yes the first Real Racing has issues with the iPhone 4S. I have the exact same issues.

10. Alisstar macrumors 6502

Alisstar

I have the full version.

11. nfl46 macrumors 603

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; CPU iPhone OS 5_0 like Mac OS X) AppleWebKit/534.46 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.1 Mobile/9A334 Safari/7534.48.3)

I have the full version of Asphalt 6 and the graphics look horrible now, but it looks like it just needs an update to take advantage of iOS 5 and the 4S graphics. The last update was June and July so that explains everything.