can anyone explain to me exactly what this means?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by iPhalandrew, Apr 11, 2012.

1. iPhalandrew macrumors member

"Verizon today announced that as of April 22 it will initiate a $30 upgrade fee for current customers moving to new devices." Does this mean even in the middle of your contract you can pay 30 dollars and buy a new phone for the discounted price?:confused::confused::confused:

2. Dweez macrumors 65816

Dweez

3. cyks macrumors 68020

cyks

No, it means that, at the end of your contract, when you buy a new phone at a discounted price, they'll be happy to charge you an additional $30.

4. nodrogkam macrumors newbie

^ there's ur answer.

I know :eek:.

5. eawmp1 macrumors 601

eawmp1

But on the bright side, if you want to buy a phone in the middle of your contract, you can pay full, unsubsidized price for the phone and they won't tack on an additional $30. :rolleyes:

6. ET iPhone Home macrumors 68040

ET iPhone Home

How nice of Verizon to assess this $30.00 fee? They really do care about their customers. I was worried there for a while.

7. Shadowbech macrumors 68040

It means that everytime you upgrade and renew your contract, they will charge you $30 to upgrade. I'm pretty sure you can get it waived if you call Verizon customer rep?

Honestly I can't speak for Verizon but for AT&T, you can call AT&T customer service and get the upgrade fee waived. I do not know about Verizon because I have never been with Verizon.

8. DroidRules macrumors 65816

If you EVER pay an upgrade fee you're a sucker. I spend $170 a month for my 2 iPhones and I believe that's enough. I know, I know, some will say if you buy subsidised you're a sucker but I'm going to be with ATT any way so why not drop $600 for 2 new iPhones instead of $1500.

ALWAYS call your carrier and demand they take the silly upgrade fee off of your account. You're doing them a favor by using their service, not the other way around.

9. Wrathwitch macrumors 65816

I agree with you whole heartedly, I think carriers do forget that without us, they would not be making the buckets of money that they do. At best they owe US for customer loyalty.

That being said if you are threatening to switch carriers (not the person who I quoted here) ensure you do research for plans with other carriers so when it does come to negotiating you have all of your ducks lined up and can clearly tell your existing carrier what it can give you to stay with them.