Can anyone find this SJ picture in a bigger size or create one?

Discussion in 'Design and Graphics' started by haiggy, Oct 5, 2011.

1. haiggy, Oct 5, 2011
    Last edited: Oct 6, 2011

haiggy macrumors 65816

[​IMG]

I would like to request a larger version of this picture. Or better yet, if you can find one - let me know! Someone posted it in another thread and its a creative piece I'd appreciate in a larger size for my desktop background.

Preferably 1920x1200 but whatever works.

Thanks

Edit: Credit goes to this young gentleman - http://jmak.tumblr.com/post/9377189056

2. haiggy thread starter macrumors 65816

Thanks! I like the dates added. However, I know I can't be too picky 'cause you are helping me out but if there was someway to get a bigger version of the apple... not necessarily of the black space. I can add black myself if need be I would just like a bigger apple part of the picture

Thanks again!

3. GGJstudios macrumors Westmere

GGJstudios

I didn't create it; I just found it in a Google search.

4. Peace macrumors Core

Peace

5. oSutrooper macrumors member

oSutrooper

6. opeter macrumors 65816

opeter

7. Messy macrumors 6502

That image was released under a creative commons license, meaning you aren't allowed to edit it. Pisses me off when people don't credit the artist, and go editing stuff. Grrr

8. kresh macrumors 6502a

kresh

Pretty sure that Apple logo is Trade Marked, so your point about ripping off and not crediting is?

9. Messy macrumors 6502

My point is editing someone elses work without permission is what ****s over artists.

You guys edited his image, without his permission. It's simple.

I don't think people generally understand how annoying it is to have your work copied, edited etc.

Apple actually lets people have a certain amount creative freedom with this sort of thing, and has said before that they have no real issue with people playing with their logo for personal use as long as it isn't for commercial use.

10. opeter macrumors 65816

opeter

Messy, I just found this image on another site. I did not edit it at all ...

11. Praksis macrumors member

Don't be so anal.

And if you want to talk about using other people's work please remove the images you made using Cinema 4D of Wall-E posted on your deviant art gallery since i'm pretty sure Pixar and Disney did not give you written permission to use they're creation to your personal liking.

12. GGJstudios macrumors Westmere

GGJstudios

You need to learn how to read. It's simple.

13. Messy macrumors 6502

Artistic interpretation for the purpose of criticism and non commercial use is permitted.

14. simsaladimbamba

Is that a commercial use? And how does it differ from what you are doing?

15. dukebound85 macrumors P6

dukebound85

I don't think the OP or anyone else in this thread is using the image for commercial use either...

16. MattSepeta macrumors 65816

MattSepeta

ooooooooooooooooo :eek:

But seriously- Do you REALLY have a problem with some kid tooling about with some other kid's likely illegal use of apple's IP? Maybe if he was trying to put it on shirts and turn a buck, but I don't think that is the case.

17. Messy macrumors 6502

Commercial use defines as use for profit making. Me sitting at home in my y-fronts half naked during a weekend modelling a replica of one of my favourite pixar films, Wall-e does not constitute as commercial use.

----------

Nah, to be fair, I don't although I suppose if anything this has highlighted the general approach (and that includes certain people who have responded with their uneducated posts) to artists and their work as a whole.

18. Peace macrumors Core

Peace

Relax. People here just want to have a cool graphic to use out of respect for Steve.

I don't think anybody wants to sell T-Shirts in a parking lot.

19. simsaladimbamba

So the editing of an image released under a creative commons license, even for private purposes, which is using as background for one's desktop, is prohibited then?

This debate somehow sure seems like d**k* measuring, but they often do.

* had to censor myself here?

20. Messy macrumors 6502

That's correct (regarding the CC license). It's typical of most copyright. The CC license was created specifically to protect online artists of musics, art etc.

To be fair, the chances of you editing it for private use and anything ever happening from it are slim to none.

It is very useful though, I did a concept model for a online game once, after posting it on my DeviantArt it started popping up forum banners and such, it was edited, cropped, colours changed etc (ruined IMO), the license enabled me to protect my work and have then removed.