Can anyone help? I have 177MB left on my 16GB iPhone, mainly photos

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by sigooner, Jan 29, 2013.

1. sigooner macrumors member

is there any way to move these photos somewhere safely and with the same image quality as is on the iphone? ??maybe online somewhere?? iv used dropbox before but the quality isnt as good. my icloud is also nearly full

i have tried transferring the photos on the laptop with the cable in the past but it has deleted my photos of itunes, so trying to steer clear of that

would really appreciate any help

2. GreyOS macrumors 68030

GreyOS

not sure what you meant about itunes deleting photos, but you can copy photos off your iphone and store them in any folder you like. it comes up as a drive.

3. sigooner thread starter macrumors member

when i have connected my phone and synced it in the past, its deleted all my photos and apps!! so try not to connect it anymore and do everything wirelessly

----------

ok will look at these 2 links thanks, are they 100% safe?

thanks guys

4. Zmanbaseball2 macrumors 68040

Zmanbaseball2

5. r2shyyou macrumors 68000

r2shyyou

I personally wouldn't bother with any apps or programs. As snappyfool mentioned, plug your phone into iTunes but don't sync. Then, if you're using Windows, find your phone under My Computer or whatever it's called and then copy the photos from there.

Also, with your phone plugged into iTunes, do you have a lot of 'Other' data? If so, you may want to look at, for example, your Messages.app to see if there are text conversations that contain photos and/or videos that you can delete. I've freed up more than 1GB by deleting these conversations.

Lastly, go to Settings > General > Usage and see what's taking up the most space. Delete apps you don't use, no matter how little space they take up. Every bit counts.

6. bookwormsy macrumors 6502

What the guy above said. If you connect it to your computer, cancel sync in iTunes as soon as it starts. Then go to my computer and look under where it has the cameras and click on your iPhone. Go though and you'll find your picture.

7. JediMeister macrumors 68040

In the iTunes preferences->Devices you can check the option for preventing the automatic sync of devices. Then import the photos using iPhoto or Image Capture on a Mac or your photo management software of choice on a PC.

8. dictoresno macrumors 601

dictoresno

i simply connect the phone to my computer as a mass storage device and transfer the whole folder to my computers desktop. i can then store them there, in a photos folder, then delete the ones on my phone. this is how i back up the pics ive taken on my device when i know im going to be restoring alot. in the future, i will always have the pictures on my computer and could always sync the album back to my phone as i see fit.

9. DefBref macrumors 6502