Can anyone recommed a good external monitor for photo editing

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by macgrl, Nov 23, 2008.

1. macgrl macrumors 65816

Hello all, I have recently started to do a bit more photo editing than I used to and so would like to get an external monitor as my macbook pro has a glossy screen and it is my under standing now that it is better to have a matte screen for photo editing as it more accurately displays the image that will be printed. Can anyone give me any advice as to what would be a good monitor to buy and whether it should indeed be matte or glossy.

Much appreciated.

2. Blue Velvet Moderator emeritus

There's a lot of debate about matte vs. glossy and which one is better than the other for photo work. Personally, I prefer matte. But the real issue for glossy displays is the reflections on the screen, which can make positioning the display and long working hours problematic.

How much do you ideally want to spend? And is there any particular size of display that you're looking for?

3. shadowreef macrumors newbie

I'm also looking for a nice external monitor for my MBP so I can edit photos. Personally I want a 22"-24" that is less than $400.

4. macgrl thread starter macrumors 65816

Thank you for your reply, I am looking for something in the size range 20 - 24" and around £250/$500.

:)