Can anyone recommend a Word to PDF converter app that handles advanced formatting?

Discussion in 'iPad Apps' started by gadgetguru72, Dec 9, 2013.

1. gadgetguru72 macrumors newbie

Hello everyone-

About a year ago I used an Adobe app called CreatePDF. It was fantastic, and allowed me to easily convert Word documents to PDF so that I could annotate them on my iPad. Unfortunately, Adobe discontinued that app and the underlying service, and now charges $89/year for essentially the same service built into the Reader app.

So, I have been on a quest to find an alternative app that will covert Word docs to PDFs. There is no shortage of apps that claim to do just that, but every single one I have tried so far handles more advanced formatting pretty poorly. None of them seem to handle tables, bullet points and things like that very well.

Anyway, does anyone have a recommendation for such an app that actually works well, even if the underlying Word doc has advanced formatting?

Thanks in advance.

2. Cptnodegard macrumors 6502

I advise that you post a test file that contains what you consider advanced formatting, then people like me who have multiple apps with that functionality installed can test it

3. jojoba macrumors 68000

I've used iAnnotate to convert Word documents to PDF and subsequently annotate them. Like the previous poster, I'm not sure what you mean with advanced formatting, but if you post a file, I can test it.