can anyone say which month Yosemite is likely to be released to public ?

Discussion in 'OS X Yosemite (10.10)' started by XPcentric, Jun 27, 2014.

1. XPcentric macrumors 6502

Im about to change my hard drive soon and I want to make a single install. I could wait a little bit but not too long.

2. Weaselboy Moderator

Weaselboy

Staff Member

The test versions have just started Apple said it would be released this fall, so I don't think you will see a Yosemite release until October/November time frame.

3. waronxmas macrumors newbie

4. siurpeeman macrumors 603

siurpeeman

my guess is it'll be a simultaneous launch with ios 8 so that all the crossover features will work (handoff, continuity, etc.). so end of september?

5. Cythth macrumors regular

Cythth

I concur. Rumors have the 6 being released in mid-September. They'll be shipping with iOS8 so it makes sense that Yosemite will be released about the same time.

6. UncleSchnitty macrumors 6502a

UncleSchnitty

Another agree. Late September seems to be the consensus, possibly a delay pushing it to October hah

7. madsci954 macrumors 68030

I'd guess October. iOS 7 came out Sep 18, 2013. Mavericks came out almost a month later, October 22.

8. Menel macrumors 603

Menel

Mavericks and ios7 didn't have as much crosstalk.

Id expect them to come together... However; thats a lot of work on Apple's part. Id bet one or the other still with major bugs at release. Batt. Efficient, memory efficieny, or something. Like iOS7 was sluggish at launch.

9. madsci954 macrumors 68030

Good point, and I would agree with that. And I could see Yosemite suffering from these issues more than iOS 8.