Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Mamamia

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Nov 27, 2015
My MacBook Pro 15 inch I7 v2015 has been totally bent out of shape, the police and fire department rescue units in france had to enter our motorhome after we slid off the road into a road ditch falling on it's side so after climbing in with a ladder they where basically standing on anything fallen from shelves, kitchen etc walking on the bathroom door and windows to get our children out, it was horrible, -10 outside and we ended up at a Hospitol with pajamas,

I had full coverage with a europeen insurance company that will replace all damaged or lost items, but they take forever, I sent them photos and receipts of my MacBook Pro 2015 which has been completely bend out of shape along with a broken screen yet the insurance companies claim apple will fix it because there should still be a warranty, I got it on a site called leboncoin in france used with original Box, assuming the bloke sold it because he failed to keep up with his credit card bill.

So will apple really fix a totally damaged body with a screen cracked and detached on one side?

Dead0k

macrumors 6502
Apr 23, 2015
Poland
Sorry for your situation.
Apple wont fix it for free. Actually insurance company has to cover it. Apple warranty (or apple care plan) will fix only defects and so on.. not the physical damage.

Read your insurance policy.. there should be something about the items/categories which are under cover.

maflynn

macrumors Haswell
May 3, 2009
So will apple really fix a totally damaged body with a screen cracked and detached on one side?
I can't speak for French consumer law, but the warranty here in the US only covers manufacturer defects, not damage incurred while owning it.

Samuelsan2001

macrumors 604
Oct 24, 2013
Apple will fix it but they will charge you and you'll have to reclaim the repair costs from your insurance, it sounds like those repair costs will be more than a new computer so the insurance company just need to send you the money for a replacement.

Reactions: Mamamia

Mamamia

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Nov 27, 2015
Apple will fix it but they will charge you and you'll have to reclaim the repair costs from your insurance, it sounds like those repair costs will be more than a new computer so the insurance company just need to send you the money for a replacement.
Just got off the phone with a so called "insurance expert", he said the same exact thing, They fight for you to assure everything is replaced, like items lost in a home due to fire or flood, he will come and take photos of everything and give us a evaluation on what's to be repaired or replaced.

Thank you

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.