Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

mdee4

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jun 12, 2008
I have this video of Staind performing their song Raw live at a concert I was just at.

!!!!!!!! Can anyone please try and take this vid and adjust its audio to try and make it a little more clearer and better???!!!!!!!!!!

Here's the link to the vid...
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=CBMOO455

J the Ninja

macrumors 68000
Jul 14, 2008
To quote a someone I used to know.....

"Recording bad audio is like burning a piece of toast. It's essentially ruined for good. You can scrape off the charing, but it will never be warm and chewy and delicious".

I'll take a shot at it if you can convince me it's worth my time to download, so quick question:

Does this sound like most concert videos on YouTube? ie, no bass, a lot of distortion, hard to understand vocals or pick out notes? That is due to a ***** mic on the camera, there is next to nothing that can be done in post for it.

mdee4

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jun 12, 2008
To quote a someone I used to know.....

"Recording bad audio is like burning a piece of toast. It's essentially ruined for good. You can scrape off the charing, but it will never be warm and chewy and delicious".

I'll take a shot at it if you can convince me it's worth my time to download, so quick question:

Does this sound like most concert videos on YouTube? ie, no bass, a lot of distortion, hard to understand vocals or pick out notes? That is due to a ***** mic on the camera, there is next to nothing that can be done in post for it.

There's a lot of distortion, but you can hear the vocals and can understand most of them. I was just wondering if theres a way to help make it a little more clear because I have no idea how to do that? So if you could help even just a little I would really appreciate it!!!

surflordca

macrumors 6502a
Nov 16, 2007
Ontario, Canada
I am not into movie editing so this is just a thought. Could you not load the movies into iMovie without the sound track and than add the sound track from a CD...

gatepc

macrumors 6502
Apr 11, 2008
Pittsburgh PA
I am not into movie editing so this is just a thought. Could you not load the movies into iMovie without the sound track and than add the sound track from a CD...

unless it was identical to the way the performed it at the concert its going to look like they are lip syncing. Recordings always slightly differ from the live version sometimes more then others though.

Your pretty much screwed you can't make bad audio sound good. its like trying to get a blurry picture less blurry.

Jolly Jimmy

macrumors 65816
Dec 13, 2007
I'm guessing that it's full of distortion, concerts are just to loud for mics on most consumer camera's to handle. There's not really anything you can do about it once it's recorded.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.