iPad Can anything permanently brick my ipad air if i jailbreak it?

Alundra

macrumors regular
Original poster
Dec 31, 2012
I read that nothing can perma brick with jailbreak but is it really that risk free?

JPNFRK7

macrumors 6502a
Sep 27, 2012
California
I read that nothing can perma brick with jailbreak but is it really that risk free?
While no one can guarantee a seamless jailbreak, it does go pretty smooth. I don't think it is possible to brick an iOS device from what I have read. At least it isn't easy.

Just follow some steps before starting Jailbreak process:
1) Backup Device in iTunes (Insures yourself for anything that could go wrong)
2) Make sure you didn't update through "Settings" app on device (if you did you will want to backup and restore your device.

If something goes wrong you can almost always DFU restore to the most current iOS version.

shenan1982

macrumors 68040
Nov 23, 2011
NO, a jb cannot brick (what a tiresome term people use incorrectly) your device.
Incorrect.

If you're sitting at a construction site and you're jailbreaking in front of a brick wall and paying more attention to your iPad then what you're doing, the wall can fall, thus the jailbreak could cause your phone to be bricked.

HEHEHE, sorry I just had to.

XboxMySocks

macrumors 68020
Oct 25, 2009
Haha, don't use words like impossible when dealing with inexperienced users... people manage to break the unbreakable through lack of education every day. LOL
It is impossible. There is not a single thing you could do short of physically modifying/damaging the device to brick it.

DancyMunchkin

macrumors member
Mar 19, 2014
Haha, don't use words like impossible when dealing with inexperienced users... people manage to break the unbreakable through lack of education every day. LOL
It is comments like the quote, which is wrong, that perpetuate threads like this.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.