Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Brandonjr36

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Sep 12, 2016
Joplin
Hey guys I have an iPhone 7 love it so far but I just started noticing that I can't hear very well while on the phone with someone. Had the phone since launch day but just started using for calls a lot here latley. Anyone know the problem or a fix?

Cancelled
Jul 12, 2016
Possibly related to your coverage? Perhaps where specifically your using the iPhone when making the calls.

Turn off wifi, shut down iPhone, eject Sim. Re-insert Sim, power back on iPhone.

Also, Apple released a software patch recently, which was contributing to LTE issues. Pending your carrier.

M5RahuL

macrumors 68040
Aug 1, 2009
TeXaS
Some have this problem, mostly on Verizon. Try this and see if it works:

Settings - Cellular - Cellular Data Options - Enable LTE - Switch from ' Voice & Data ' to 'Data Only'

Reactions: Brandonjr36

Brandonjr36

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Sep 12, 2016
Joplin
I have Verizon and I had 4-5 bars. But I called my girlfriend and i can hear good on it now. maybe it was the banks phone that was messing up.

bruinsrme

macrumors 604
Oct 26, 2008
Friend had the same thing. Went to apple twice. a hard reset may or may not work. Even thought it worked by the time we got home his phone was acting the same way.

Replacement!

willmtaylor

macrumors G4
Oct 31, 2009
Here(-ish)
Hey guys I have an iPhone 7 love it so far but I just started noticing that I can't hear very well while on the phone with someone. Had the phone since launch day but just started using for calls a lot here latley. Anyone know the problem or a fix?

You can barley hear? Wheat seems to be the trouble? Corn you describe the symptoms in detail?

Quinoa tell me if you've tried disabling "noise cancellation" in the Accessibility settings?

Reactions: deeddawg
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.