can certain emails be filtered on 4s ??

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by elykoj, Mar 2, 2012.

1. elykoj macrumors regular

I have my work email on my phone , but the problem i have is there is a certain email from a certain source that i get like 30 a day from. it is important to get those particular emails on my work computer but i dont really need them coming to my phone all day. is there a way to filter these emails from getting to just my phone?:confused:

2. silver8ack macrumors regular

Nope.

If, however, you don't want a notification when they come, you can set a filter on your email server to mark them as read. They will still come to your phone/work client, they will just be marked as read and will not notify you when they come to your phone.

Not sure if that works for you, but that's all there is, that I know of.

3. elykoj thread starter macrumors regular

How do i do that?

I have Outlook 2000, how can i set the filter?:confused:

4. silver8ack macrumors regular

So, I guess your email at work is Exchange. I guess there's two ways.

You can talk to your admins to see if you can setup any rules on the server for you, but that probably won't happen.

Or, you can try setting up a rule in your Outlook. Set it so that any emails from X@X.com, or whatever matches those emails to be marked as read. I don't know if this will work or not. I'm not sure if it will mark as read, sync with exchange, and show up as Read on your iPhone or not, but it's worth a try. The only caveat is that outlook would have to be running on your work PC all the time for this to work.

5. rmhop81 macrumors 68020

rmhop81

create a folder under your inbox on outlook. then create a rule that sends all the emails from that sender into that certain folder. It won't ding your inbox, but to manually check you'll have to go to the folder on your iphone to see the email. But it won't jam up or ding ur phone all the time.