Can existing Apple Care peeps buy Apple Care +?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by brokenplaything, May 7, 2012.

1. brokenplaything macrumors newbie

Okay, I really hope this isn't on the forum somewhere.

I was a at a concert, and some bro smashed into me, resulting in a shattered iPhone. I went to the Apple store (I've had it replaced before at no charge, but I know it was sort of a one time thing), and the sales bro told me about Apple Care +....uhhhh...I already have Apple Care..

Anybody have this problem? Can you get Apple Care + or phone replacements if you already have Apple Care, that you bought last year???

2. macingman macrumors 68020

macingman

No, only option is you can get a replacement for a $200 fee. You're best option is to make an appointment at the genius bar and get the replacement for $200. You might even get lucky and get it for free but I doubt it if you got one before.

Even if you could get Applecare+ which you can't I doubt they would allow replacement for damage before purchasing the plan.

In future perhaps buy some cheap prepaid phone to take with you to concerts and stuff.

3. andyx3x macrumors 65816

You only have 30 days to get Applecare Plus from your date of purchase. If you don't buy it at the same time you purchase your phone, you have to take the phone into the store to let them see that there is no damage before they will sell it to you.