Can I activate a new Iphone now, even though my name is not on my Verizon account?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by blairh, Aug 8, 2008.

1. blairh macrumors 68030

blairh

My current cell phone/number is listed under my mother's name in regards to whose name is on the account/bill. I use a Razor via Verizon Wireless, and my father foots the bill.

Can I purchase a 3G Iphone, along with keeping my current number, and put it all under my name now, even though my current phone/service is under my mom's name?

2. customerservice macrumors newbie

must be nice

3. droeun macrumors member

I don't think so - my wife couldn't activate one at the Apple store without me there since I'm the primary on the account.

4. SFStateStudent macrumors 604

SFStateStudent

You would have to port your number to AT&T, pay any ETF's due VZ (unless your contract is up), establish an account, set-up a data plan $30 per month, and a voice plan of at least $39.99, pass the credit check or have your parents leave VZ and establish a Family Plan with AT&T.

5. Ninja Guidan macrumors regular

Is father going to foot the bill for the increased iPhone bill...or have you not told him how much more it will be? Father doesn't like surprises.

6. Quincy9219 macrumors regular

The iPhone is ATT exclusive, so you cannot add an iPhone, even a jailbroken one to a Verizon account. The hardware is non-compatible. The iPhone is a GSM phone, Verizon uses CDMA. The only other major US carrier that can use the iPhone is T-Mobile, and it has to be an original (non-3G), jailbroken, iPhone (T Mobile uses a different 3G frequency, you can use a 3G iPhone, but it's not worth it in my mind, granted, I have been known to show a bias towards the old iPhone over the new one. You could use it in T Mobile's EDGE, I think). Now for the actual process, I quote the previous post, so I don't have to retype the rest of it.