Can I add my credit card info now to save time on Friday?

Discussion in 'Apple Watch' started by gusping, Apr 7, 2015.

1. gusping macrumors 6502

Hi,

I know this is a simple question but can I add my credit card info now onto my apple account to save time when paying on Friday?

Thanks

2. mattopotamus macrumors G5

mattopotamus

yes. You can do express checkout if your info is already entered (settings--account--express checkout enable). When you go to apple.com on the 10th there is a green "buy now" button that will skip the checkout price entirely.

3. bjdraw macrumors 6502a

You can also setup Apple Pay if you plan to try and use the Apple Store App instead. I also added the watch I want to my "favorites" which shows up on the App and the website as it should save a few steps in the process (if the store is overloaded it'll be hard to load any page, so the fewer the better).

4. gusping thread starter macrumors 6502

Would love to use Apple Pay but in the UK we haven't got it yet! typical...
    Thanks though.

5. Schmeff macrumors newbie

So on Friday when we preorder, will we have to pay then, or on the 24th? I have multiple payment methods, including an Apple Store gift card I got for Christmas.

6. mattopotamus macrumors G5

mattopotamus

They put a "hold" on the funds to make sure money is in the account, but you do not actually pay until it ships. If you do not have the money in the account on Friday, the charge would get denied.

7. jeff282 macrumors member

You will need to use the website as you cannot redeem gift cards within the App. You will need to enter your card info, and as said above it will be pre-auth but not charged until it ships.