Can I block all incoming calls that are not contacts w/out being in DND mode?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by spaceballl, Mar 8, 2014.

1. spaceballl macrumors 68030

spaceballl

Hi there!

I'm sick of getting spam phone calls from politicians, marketing groups, etc. Is it possible to have all of those go to VM, except the #s in my phone? I know I can do this as part of Do Not Disturb, but I'd like to make it the norm.

2. Ann P macrumors 68020

Afraid not. You can only block a number individually it seems.

If you're jailbroken by any chance, there's an app called 'iBlacklist' that whitelists the address book. Haven't tried it myself though.

I might be stating the obvious but have you add your number to the DoNotCall registry. That's helped me to some extent.

3. lordofthereef macrumors G4

lordofthereef

May I ask why DND doesn't work? Rather confused why you need it "part of the norm". Why not just make DND "the norm" and be done with it? :confused:

4. spaceballl thread starter macrumors 68030

spaceballl

Let me end your confusion... I use DND to block ALL phone numbers except for my immediate family. I use this to make sure that work doesn't interfere with my personal life from 8PM to 6AM. I also use it to silence all other notifications on my phone.

During the rest of the day, I'd still like all my normal notifications, and I'd like calls blocked from everyone except people in my contacts.

5. lordofthereef macrumors G4

lordofthereef

Understood. I suppose this is still possible with a few taps going into DND settings, though I can see that as being a nusiance.

Are you jailbroken? I used an app called "callblocker" back before DND was available in iOS. It allowed for setting profiles. That may be of some help.

6. deeddawg macrumors 604

Something to consider: How would a school / hospital / police agency reach you in an emergency regarding a family member?

I mention this rhetorically; don't feel a need to answer, just food for thought.

7. Big_Cam macrumors newbie

Big_Cam

Did you find a way of doing this? I just found this post in a google search looking for the same thing.

8. TLullo macrumors newbie

--- Post Merged, Feb 21, 2017 ---
    They'd leave a voicemail

9. C DM macrumors Westmere

How would you know about it?

10. TLullo macrumors newbie

I'd have a little red bubble over the phone icon the next time I checked my phone.

11. C DM macrumors Westmere

You'd get notified of voicemails from blocked calls? I don't believe it works that way.

12. TLullo macrumors newbie

Looks like you're right. I like that even better. Who wants to talk to the hospital anyway. You can't get sick if you don't talk to a doctor. #Fact

13. deeddawg, Feb 22, 2017
    Last edited: Feb 23, 2017

deeddawg macrumors 604