Can I bring my iPhone to AT&T and get a month to month contract?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by spitboy2000, Apr 6, 2012.

1. spitboy2000 macrumors member

I bought an unlocked iPhone and want to get a month to month contract from AT&T. Do they offer month to month contracts with data plan to people in my situation? I thought they did, but when I called customer service they said I could ony get a pre paid and that would be without data plan. Is that true?

2. B.A.T macrumors 6502a

3. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

Yes, you can get a monthly plan without a contract on AT&T.
    Just make 100% they dont sign you to a contract cause sometimes they're sneaky and when you try to cancell later they give you the "good" news.
    Happened to me.

4. Sunsean macrumors 6502

To my knowledge no, you can't get a month to month plan on AT&T with the same features/service as a post paid. You can get a ore paid AT&T sim and choose from various plan options, but they won't be the same options you get with postpaid, and unless you are a very light user, it will cost much more.

If you want full featured, month to month AT&T iPhone service, I suggest trying Straight Talk. $45/month for unlimited voice and texts, and 2gb data. It runs on AT&T's network so the coverage is identical.

5. reclusive46 macrumors 65816

reclusive46

You can get a month to month rolling on an iPhone.

6. citivolus macrumors 6502a

Yes you can, I did that with my iPhone 4, just like Applejuiced said.

7. kilj0y macrumors member

I was going to say, that would suck that just because your not on contract you cannot get all of the features as someone who is. I mean if your not subsidizing your phone, you are still paying them the same money as someone who did.

8. thewitt macrumors 68020

thewitt

Not a problem. I do it twice a year when I spend time in the US