can I buy a powercord in Switzerland to use on US purchased laptop?

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by KLF123, Sep 29, 2010.

1. KLF123 macrumors newbie

I bought a MacBook Pro in the US, and am using a Powercord that came with it with an adaptor. Sometimes I get sparking at the plug, and I would like to know if I can buy a Powercord in Switzerland to use with the laptop instead of using the adaptor.

2. miles01110 macrumors Core

miles01110

All electronics occasionally spark at the wall. It's nothing to worry about.

That said, yes- you can buy a plug in Switzerland to use with your MBP... but it will probably still spark.

3. spinnerlys Guest

spinnerlys

Yes, you can.
    But you can also go to an Apple Store or Apple Authorised Reseller and see if they replace the power adapter if it is malfunctioning.

4. aristobrat macrumors G4

If you want to plug your AC adapter directly into the wall, Apple has a kit that contains the proper plugs for various countries:
    http://store.apple.com/us/product/MB974ZM/B?mco=MTY3ODQ5OTY

That won't help you if you want to use the extension for the AC adapter though. I don't know where you can just buy the proper extension cord for your country.

5. miles01110 macrumors Core

miles01110

...which is expensive compared to the $2/your-country-equivalent for a simple plug adapter.

eBay if you insist on a white one, or you can go to an electronics store and buy any C7 power cord (the figure-8 head).