Can i buy a refurb in the uk app store without taxes in Eu?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by knucles, Apr 27, 2010.

1. knucles macrumors regular

Can i buy a refurb in the uk app store without taxes in Eu?

I live in Portugal (no refurb store here) and with the pound in the ropes i was wondering about buy a refurb macbook .

It is possible without paying taxes? I think i will not have to pay taxes once we are in EU but whould they accept the order at all?

2. GGJstudios macrumors Westmere

GGJstudios

They don't sell refurb units in the stores. They're only available online, where Apple will charge you the appropriate taxes for your area.

3. gent11 macrumors newbie

Yes, you can buy one online, no worries about taxes. Thats for we have EU actually and UK is the part of it. There is NO taxation within European Union whatsoever.

Cheers

4. Azathoth macrumors 6502a

This is wrongly worded.

You will need to pay tax, called 'sales tax' or 'value added tax' (VAT) - strictly speaking I *think* you can choose whether to pay it in the country of purchase or in the country of residence if you are a business, otherwise you are obliged to pay it in the country of purchase (I believe)

In the UK the VAT (17.5%?) is normally included in the advertised price - so that is the price you pay.

Regarding 'duties' or toll tariffs - the EU has abolished those for intra-EU goods and services, so you can buy what you like in the UK and are not liable for extra duties or taxes upon return to Portugal.

I am not a lawyer

5. knucles thread starter macrumors regular

Sadly i meant on-line stores, there is no apple refurb store in Portugal whatsoever.

I couldn't be talking about actual stores because there are none in Portugal-

No dedicated apple stores in Portugal at least - Ok there's one in Lisbon 400km from where i live....

6. knucles thread starter macrumors regular

how do i choose to pay portuguese taxes buying from uk Apple store?

7. Azathoth macrumors 6502a

Hint: Why don't you ask them?

First question though: Will the refurb store ship to Portugal?