can i buy a verizon phone outright at apple store?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by lefty224, Nov 8, 2014.

1. lefty224 macrumors member

I don't have a Verizon account. I plan to actually use it for an ATT account.
    The only reason i am doing this is because i may want to switch to verizon in 3 months.

If so, can i buy a verizon version IP6 through the apple store at full price? Will they ask me for a verizon account number?

From what i gathered here, the TMO/unlocked version is the best option but since it's the most unavailable version unless you want it in 16gb, it's not really the best option time wise.

**what is the difference between the verizon apple store version and the tmo/unlocked version?

2. PsyOpWarlord macrumors 6502

PsyOpWarlord

Yes you can pay full price for the Verizon iPhone and no, you do not have to have a Verizon account.

I bought the Verizon model (full price) and am using it with my ATT SIM card/account.

By getting the Verizon model you can use any GSM card (the same as the T-Mobile unlocked), but you can also easily use it on Verizon's network if you later choose to.

3. Shadowbech macrumors 601

No, if you tell them that you will purchase it full price, they will not ask you about your account info. Even if you purchased AT&T model outright, they don't ask you for your info.

There is no difference in between the Verizon model and the unlocked T-Mo/AT&T version. They are all the same A1549/A1522 (6/6+).

I would say that it is much safer to buy the Verizon model full price then AT&T or T-mo (Apple store). This is because if you later decide that you are going to verizon then they can activate it. If you bring in the t-mo or AT&T to Verizon store, they won't activate you a new sim, since it's not registered to their network.

4. lefty224 thread starter macrumors member

Thank you. I've decided on going with the Verizon model then based on everyone's advice over here.

Here's my dilemma. I'm trying to purchase it through the Apple Store app and picking it up at the store.

But when doing to process, it's asking me to put in Verizon account information. What do I do? I don't have an account with Verizon.

5. Shadowbech macrumors 601

You will just have to walk to the apple store and do a walk-in sales.

6. serega macrumors regular

I went to Apple Store before opening and about 15 min before opening guy came in, ask what people wanted. After store opened, I paid full price for Verizon iPhone 6, they brought my phone, I walked out. No one asked acoount info.

7. Jase718 macrumors member

Jase718