Can I buy advanced specification of macbook pro in local store (Manchester)?

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by maskov1, Apr 16, 2010.

1. maskov1 macrumors newbie

Hi all!

I am student from Slovakia and I would like to buy specific configuration od macbook pro, so:
    -- HQ matte display
    -- core i7
    -- 7200RPM harddrive
    -- AppleCare

BUT, I am going to visit my grandmother this summer with my saved money for macbook. I don't have any UK credit card, also phone number. I really would like to buy this advanced version of macbook in local retail store. But as you can see, I don't have many options.. I will be there for 7 days, so I don't have much time for going for bank account.

About 3 years later, I tryied to buy laptop in UK, also by visiting my grandmother (for place to sleep fc.). So I tryied connect to internet, register on site (where I wanted buy laptop). Filled my address in Manchester and I've given my Slovak's credit card (visa) info... But after 2 days that company have called me, that I've provided wrong adress and money transfer cannot has been done... for that now in my situation think I cannot use my Slovak credit card for apple order.

Please let me know about what you think.
    Is any chance to buy this model in retail store? Or what to do?

Thanks!

2. techound1 macrumors 68000

techound1

Apple markets the website as The place to go for a custom order, but stop by the local shop on your first day there - perhaps you can bat your eyes at someone to have them do some customizing in the shop.

3. neutrino23 macrumors 68000

I asked at our US store about this today. They said that they could only upgrade memory. Everything else had to be done online. After you arrive you could discuss this with them. Perhaps there is a way to pay cash for this at a store. In fact, you could probably send this question to them ahead of time. Each store has its mailing address available at apple.com. You could also call them. Perhaps they'd give you an email address to discuss it with them that way.

4. maskov1 thread starter macrumors newbie

Thanks for your help about this think, I appreciate that. So I will try my best