Can I Buy An iPhone and put my existing o2 sim in

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by rph105, Nov 1, 2007.

1. rph105 macrumors 6502

rph105

Can I Buy An iPhone on the 9th, with no contract and put my existing o2 sim in it?? i've got a o2 line atm, dont see the point of havin two lines, what options do i have to transfer it?

2. KingScooty macrumors member

I dont think there are any options. I am the same, i have an O2 line already. However, im tempted to purchase an o2 locked iphone off ebay. Means i can upadte it still without worrying about it dying :)

3. rph105 thread starter macrumors 6502

rph105

what the risk of buying a locked phone doesnt that mean u cant do the apple upgrades?

4. sneeks macrumors 6502a

The only way you can use your current sim would be to unlock the iPhone if the option is available on release or shortly afterwards.

5. KingScooty macrumors member

why would you need to unlock it if you're already on O2?? surely the sim should work straight off in an O2 locked iphone?

6. rph105 thread starter macrumors 6502

rph105

if i was to buy an iphone with the tariff, would i have internet and maps and youtube no matter where i go, would o2 take care of it, say im on the bus and i want to use inet, could i do that, if i use my own existing simcard or a payas you go could i do that?

7. sneeks macrumors 6502a

The iPhone is locked for use with the sim that comes provided with it, your current O2 sim will not work without first unlocking the phone.

8. bee27 macrumors newbie