Can I buy Lion now and use Up-to-date later?

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by Mulderscully, Jul 21, 2011.

1. Mulderscully macrumors newbie

Even though I shouldn't be, I can't help but be extremely impatient with the errors in the Up-to-date service for Lion. I ordered my macbook pro online on June 19th, and as I've read through the forum other people in my situation can't seem to get apple to recognize their serial number. I've been trying consistently for the entirety of the day and still nothing has been resolved.

Can I just purchase it online and when this absolute crap service is fixed, redeem my serial number and be compensated later?

2. zflauaus macrumors 65816

No, you won't be reimbursed. You might as well just wait for a little while longer. It took me a good 30 minutes of continuously pounding the information in and eventually switching to Chrome before it went through.

Basically, just wait unless you're feeling generous and want to give Apple an extra $30.

3. Mulderscully thread starter macrumors newbie

Ok well that answers my question pretty well.

Just in case I'm doing something wrong, in the field where I type the Store I bought it from, since I got mine from apple online do I just enter the city and province that I ordered it to?