Can I buy my reserved iPhone 4 from UK Apple Store at reduced price?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by blueharvester, Jun 16, 2010.

1. blueharvester macrumors regular

I'm an existing O2 Pay Monthly customer and will be looking to upgrade next week. I have successfully reserved a 16GB black iPhone 4, but will I have to pay £499 for this, or can I pay a reduced price in the Apple Store for upgrading?

Or do I need to go to an O2 store?

2. CraigB3 macrumors member

The Apple store has nothing to do with your current contract, the ones available from Apple are sim free phones, which means you will pay the full price.
    If you are looking to take out a new pay monthly contract then you will need to go to O2, and depending on what contract you take out, that will decide how much you pay for the phone.
    At the moment there is still no option to pre-order a phone from O2, and it doesn't seem likely there is going to be either.

Sorry if i misunderstood your question.

3. ct2k7 macrumors 603

ct2k7

You are not upgrading, as far as O2 are concerned, you are only getting a new phone, which will not affect your current contract. You can, of course, cancel your pre-order, and upgrade your current contract to an iPhone 4 tariff, of which you will forfeit your unlimited data usage.

4. Guv280984 macrumors member

Apple states the you can upgrade your contracts in their stores...

5. JamesHP macrumors 6502

If you're still in contract, to qualify for the reduced price you'd have to buy out the rest of your contract through that upgrade offer of theirs and then sign a new one. You can buy contracts etc through the Apple stores, it's what I intend to do.

6. donbenjy macrumors 6502

This is completely false. Apple will be selling sim-free, PAYG (locked to network), and contract iPhones from launch day, and will be able to upgrade your existing contract. You pay exactly the same as someone upgrading directly with O2 :cool:

7. CraigB3 macrumors member

Sorry, my bad, i didnt realise you could upgrade your contract through the Apple store. :eek:

Can you take advantage of the offer which allows you to buy out the rest of your contract through Apple as well? Or would i have to go to O2 for that?

8. donbenjy macrumors 6502

I think possibly. I'm in the same boat (but with Tmob, so might not even be able to on the 24th!) and the way I'm looking at it is anything that I would be able to do from the network website (upgrade offers, new plans etc) Apple will be able to do instore, but anything else like special discounts (can you even get one for an iPhone tariff?!) I'm assuming they can't do.

Planning on showing up on the 24th to pick up my reserved 16GB and seeing what happens. If that doesn't work I can run around and see if T-mobile or any of the other carriers still have any handsets left :eek: but I'm pretty confident that they can handle standard upgrades! ;)

9. CraigB3 macrumors member

According to the website, O2 are offering people who aren't due for an upgrade the chance to buy out the rest of their contract at a reduced rate.
    Ive got a feeling this isnt something that Apple are going to be able to do though, so i think ill just go to the O2 shop and save any hassle.