Can i buy US iPhone Applecare and service it in Canada?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by hohohong, Apr 19, 2009.

1. hohohong macrumors 6502

I know Apple Canada doesn't offer Applecare for iPhone. Can I buy it down the states and service my iPhone 3G here in Canada?

2. andyOSX macrumors member

no the iphone can only be serviced in the country from where it was purchased.

3. hohohong thread starter macrumors 6502

So international warranty doesn't apply for iPhone? I bought mine from Hong Kong as it was the only place i can buy unlock without contract.

4. John T macrumors 68020

John T

If you download the "trems & conditions" from here, I think you'll find that Applecare applies in the majority of countries. :)

5. dave006 macrumors 68020

This means that you will have to return it to Hong Kong for warranty service. Since Apple Care is not offered in Canada or Hong Kong you can't really get it. Even if you buy it on eBay, when you go to register it, it will not accept your Canada address. So again, the real answer is no Apple Protection Plan for you and your iPhone 3G, sorry.

Dave

6. goosnarrggh macrumors 68000

If you download the "terms & conditions" for the AppleCare Protection Plan for iPhone from here, I think you'll find it's only available in the USA and Japan, and if you read section 7d of the USA version of the plan, I think you'll find that it's only valid within the USA.

7. John T macrumors 68020

John T

Good point! Wonder why Apple have omitted the iPhone? :confused:

8. strik macrumors newbie

I can say 100% that Applecare bought in the US will not work in Canada.

There is a very strong chance that AppleCare for iPhone will be coming to Canada very soon. ;)

9. shabbado macrumors member

shabbado

10. e90fanatic macrumors newbie

hey guys, i know this thread is a bit old but now that applecare is available for iphones in canada, has anybody tried to get it from US? It's 20 bucks cheaper there.....quite a significant saving than buying here (that's assuming buying from apple store in the US). Ebay is even cheaper