Can I Cancel Two New Verizon Contracts in One Month?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Gathomblipoob, Sep 30, 2012.

1. Gathomblipoob macrumors 68040

Gathomblipoob

I had a Galaxy S III for evaluation for one day on a new Verizon account in September. I returned it, canceled the account and ordered the Verizon iPhone 5 on the 14th and received it the next week.

Now, I'm not very happy with my Verizon service in my area - my LTE signal keeps dropping out and won't reestablish itself until I go in and out of airplane mode or turn LTE off and back on. Verizon's LTE coverage maps show good, strong LTE all over my area and beyond.

I'm just trying to figure out if i'm stuck with my Verizon contract now that I want to return a second phone and cancel a second contract without stiff penalties.

2. m0no macrumors regular

I don't see why not. Each contract has its own terms.

3. Gathomblipoob thread starter macrumors 68040

Gathomblipoob

I thought I heard somewhere that Verizon limited this. Maybe I was wrong.

4. wordoflife macrumors 604

wordoflife

They can't prevent you from canceling, but they might prevent you from signing up in the future.

5. joeshmo2010 macrumors 6502a

+1

Also, wireless carriers run a hard credit check each time you sign up for wireless service. By canceling a second time you would have wasted two hard inquiries on your report. It's not a huge deal, but just an FYI

6. Gathomblipoob thread starter macrumors 68040

Gathomblipoob

I appreciate the replies, folks. I didn't want to call Verizon first and have them possibly stonewall me or lie to get me to stay. I wanted some other opinions first.

7. boomhower macrumors 68000

boomhower

OP: They released a carrier update today that is supposed to fix the LTE switching issue your having. Install the update and see if it fixes your issue before canceling.

8. Vengeful macrumors member

Vengeful

my verizon signal is so spotty on lte :( its disappointing.