Can I change the app that control center loads(calculator, camera, alarm/clock)?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Spetsnazos, Oct 8, 2013.

1. Spetsnazos macrumors regular

I would like to change the base calculator app to the one i downloaded and change the camera app, is this possible?

Is it possible to customize the apps in the control center to begin with?

2. Spetsnazos thread starter macrumors regular

wut...why won't they let you change this ugh.

3. eyoungren macrumors P6

eyoungren

LOL! Because it's Apple and they want you to stay in their walled garden.

Now if there was an iOS 7 jailbreak, like there is for iOS 6.x you could actually do something about it… :D

4. cababah macrumors 68000

If only they included a toggle switch for location services, then it would be perfect!

5. Dave Felix macrumors 6502a

Dave Felix

6. wasimyaqoob macrumors 6502a

Would be even better if they added Cellular 3G Data ON / OFF switch on Control Centre.

7. Akonpex macrumors newbie

I don't know why they didn't include a toggle on the Cellular Data, it's like the most used setting (well, as for me) than most of the ones down there like the flashlight like seriously who uses the flashlight everyday.

8. lelisa13p macrumors 68000

lelisa13p

I don't think anyone uses the flashlight daily. It's in the Control Center probably because it's easy to access quickly in an emergency.

9. brand macrumors 601

brand

I don't think you know what the term walled garden means. Apple not allowing the changing of apps that can be launched from Control Center has nothing to do with a walled garden.

10. eyoungren macrumors P6

eyoungren

Alright.

http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Closed_platform

11. veedubshafer macrumors 6502

I use it A LOT. I was so happy to see you don't need a flashlight app anymore.

12. brand macrumors 601

brand

Thanks for a link that makes my point. A closed platform or walled garden has nothing to do with what apps can be launched through the Control Center. The apps that you want to use are already installed and not being blocked from the iOS platform. Just because you can't launch them from the Control Center is not a closed platform issue. Again, I don't think you fully understand what a closed platform or walled garden it.

13. eyoungren macrumors P6

eyoungren

I am happy to be your idiot fool and make your point for you.

So…that said, please tell this ignorant person (me) what it's called when Apple won't let you do what it is you want to do with their tools?

Please use simple words so that I can process it better. I wouldn't want to misunderstand and force you to have to correct me in public again.

14. mcdj macrumors 604

mcdj

I'd have to agree here. A walled garden is literally a pretty place, with no way in or out. Control Center is pretty. But you can't add any apps; Apple's or other's, and you can't remove any apps. Maybe it's more of a window box than a garden, but it sure as heck is walled.

15. Rajani Isa macrumors 65816

Rajani Isa

My main guess would be security - especially since by default the control center is available on the lock screen. So they can make sure it doesn't have too much access because they know exactly what their apps can access.