Can I connect my IP to EduRoam at my university

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by cudo, Apr 24, 2008.

1. cudo macrumors regular

hi,

how do i access our univerisy network ? it is Eduroam.org - i can acess it with mac or pc but dont know how to do it with IP.

cudo:mad:

2. PoitNarf macrumors 65816

PoitNarf

You're going to have to give much more info than that. What type of wireless authentication/encryption does the network you're trying to connect to use? Is it WEP, WPA Personal, WPA Enterprise? Does it require certificates, LEAP or PEAP? If it's an enterprise wireless network the current software does not support it. Once 2.0 is released in June the iPhone will then be able to connect to enterprise level 802.1x wireless networks.

3. SFStateStudent macrumors 604

SFStateStudent

Stop by your IT folks (or call them on the phone) and they can walk you through it. The two campuses that I attend were pretty simple once you had your websites selected for verification. I was asked to enter my ID# and email password. Sometimes the IT folks need to walk you through it the first time, especially when it comes to the IP stuff. Good Luck! :cool:

4. cudo thread starter macrumors regular

5. SFStateStudent macrumors 604

SFStateStudent

Looks complicated, but pretty nice features for eduroam.org. Definitely have your IT people at University of Plymouth give you a hand since you are having difficulty. :eek:

6. matperk macrumors 6502

The current iPhone firmware does not support 802.1x authentication. This will be coming in the update in 2.0 though in June.

7. cudo thread starter macrumors regular